How To File A Case In The Family Court

If you want to file a family case in the court, then it is a complicated process and you require legal support from a lawyer about the process. Here are the methods of the application process for your knowledge. First, you should complete the form C100 available in the local family court. You need to complete another form C1A if there is any domestic violence for you and your child and you are at risk of suffering for you or your child or you have already suffered from any harmful behavior.

You must then pay the court fee or else fill the form the form to apply fee exemption for the court proceedings–Your . You must ensure that you take all copies of your documents when applying for the case. Once you complete the application process, you receive a reference number and the court informs the date of first hearing of your case. If you have filed a domestic violence case in the court then the details of the hearings date are also sent to the other party. You are the applicant in the case and the other party is called respondent.

If you don’t want to disclose the contact details of yourself and child to avoid further harm from the opposite party i.e. your spouse there is a separate form in the court where it never shares your contact details with your spouse. But it is a must to provide your contact details to the court, your riverside family attorney will be able to handle all of this.

Have you received any application form from the court? You are a respondent now. Someone related to the child has sent you an application form and the court can also send a blank form along with that where you need to complete the form and send it back to the court. If you suspect that there will be harm to your child then you must inform this to the court by filling in a separate form for that and sending it along with the prior form.

Sometimes you and the opposite party came to an agreement in the first hearing. The court prepares the consent order and you must check whether it is as agreed by you. You must accept the consent order only if you are happy with it. You and the opposite party should attend mediation. If the judge feels it takes some time to agree upon the decision then the judge adjourns the hearing.

The judge orders the decision if neither you nor the opposite party agrees on the decision and check the order whether it is as said by the judge. If the judge wants to know more details about the case then there will be more hearings in the case. The court must consider if there is any domestic violence to you or your child. The judge must ensure the decision must not harm both the parties and the child.

The court is responsible for finding the actual fact by investigating the case further. If possible you can provide the witnesses to prove the violence caused by the opposite party to you. The court confirms the opposite party violated against you and you the victim in the case. Your family law attorney should be able to help you through the entire process.

Share Button